Pop Up and Shop Up Bestie (aka Events Manager)
Job Title: Pop-Up and Shop-Up Event Bestie (aka Events Manager)
Hours: 20-25 hours
Likely Schedule: Thursday and Friday late afternoon-evening, Saturday and Sunday morning-early afternoon
Compensation: $17-18/hour dependent on experience
We’ve all been a little overwhelmed when trying to figure out how to reduce our waste, right? If you want to help guide people who are just starting their waste reduction journey as well as keep the refills flowing for those who are deep in the lifestyle, then consider joining the Ray’s Reusables team!
Ray is looking for her right hand in all things events! You’ll be working with her to maintain and grow the Ray’s Reusables pop-up calendar as well as helping to plan, organize, and execute shop-up events (it's not a typo—pop ups in the shop! Shop ups!).
Pop Ups and Customer Connections:
- Drive refill van to and from pop up locations
- Set up and break down attractive table displays according to a merchandising map
- Greet customers and create a safe and welcoming environment for learning about waste reduction
- Answer customer questions regarding swaps and offer suggestions for ways to reduce waste when asked
- Communicate and uphold refill cleanliness and labeling policies
- Operate Shopify POS and handle cash and electronic payments
Big Picture Plans:
- Coordinate with pop up hosts and partners regarding logistics
- Maintain an overview of upcoming events and coverage required
- Plan and execute in-store events including but not limited to: spotlighted local sustainable businesses and initiatives, guest vendors, workshops, whatever serves our community best!
- Partner with Ray to analyze opportunities for growth and community engagement
- Assist in getting the word out about our events on socials, newsletter, and text system
Keeping it Running Smoothly:
- Ensure all areas of the pop-up are consistently clean, stocked and organized; keep it looking cute!
- Report any maintenance required or missing equipment in the pop-up to Ray
- Maintain constant stock of team supplies and inventory; replenish as necessary from store location
What I’m looking for:
Experience + Skills:
- 2+ year prior experience in retail or customer service
- Experience working pop up events/planning events preferred
- 21 years of age or older with a valid driver's license + clean driving record
- Competency with Google Suite
Human Being Things aka a person who is….
- Self motivated and resourceful
- An excellent communicator in a variety of different contexts
- Passionate about sustainability and supporting Philadelphia’s growing low-waste community
- Flexible and adaptable in the face of unforeseen circumstances
- Imaginative, creative, and perhaps a little whimsical
- Available evenings and weekends (typically Thursday and Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday mornings to early afternoon)
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Reaching, crouching, kneeling, and stooping
- Ability to work and maintain a positive outlook in a variety of weather conditions including summer heat, winter cold, rain, light to moderate winds