Hi, hi, hello! I'm Ray! (she/her)
Ray's Reusables started at the end of 2019 as a passion project. I had long looked for a way to repurpose the (growing) pile of worn out jeans that I had into something beautiful, useful, and that would mesh well with the low waste lifestyle that I was trying to cultivate. Thus the back pocket cutlery roll was born.
I still sew and I love what I create, but as I watched the pandemic unfold and saw the waste that was being created as a result I realized I wanted to do even more to support the sustainable community of Philadelphia. Thats why I decided to fast track some long term goals of mine, and open up Philadelphia's first mobile refill shop.
Making plastic-free options accessible and affordable to people regardless of where they live in the city has always my mission. I knew the best way to provide more equal access would be to take an eco-store around the city with me! With the flexibility and mobility of the van I'm able to go into different neighborhoods, making sustainable shopping easier for eco-conscious Philadelphians.
But who is Ray herself, you might ask? I am...
- a language learning enthusiast
- someone who loves a hike
- a little cat momma
- vegetarian aspiring to eat more plant based
- a former high school English teacher
- someone who would answer "raccoon" if you asked what animal I would be
- I'm what I like to call the 'triple ram'. Aries, year of the Ram, and my legal name means ewe. As you might imagine, I charge head first into things.